HOURS: 7:00am – 3:00pm – Monday through Friday
The Department of Public Works consisting of seven full-time employees is responsible for the maintenance of all Township- owned vehicles, roads, parks, buildings, and the Township’s Recycling center.
Department of Public Works:
- Maintains all municipally- owned vehicles and equipment, providing repairs and preventative maintenance to all Administrative, Police, and DPW vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains all municipal roads, including ice and snow control, asphalt milling and paving, basin and culvert repairs and cleaning, street light and street sign repairs and maintenance.
- Operates and maintains the Harding Recycling Center, located at 8 Millbrook Road. including hauling all recycled materials brought to the center.
- Janitorial services to the Municipal and DPW buildings. DPW also provides inspection and basic repairs to building equipment and structures.
- Maintain the parks and grounds of all municipally- owned properties including structure repairs, lawn and tree maintenance, and amenities repairs.
Please refer all calls and inquiries concerning municipal roads, stormwater management and Clean Communities to the Superintendent of Public Works: Tracy Toribio
HARDING TOWNSHIP RECYCLING
2017 Recycling Schedule
MAR 11TH, 25TH
APR 8TH, 22ND
MAY 6TH, 20TH
JUNE 3RD, 17TH
JULY 1ST, 15TH, 29TH
AUG 12TH, 26TH
SEPT 9TH, 23RD
OCT 7TH, 21ST
NOV 4TH, 18TH
DEC 2ND, 16TH, 30TH
Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays: 7 am – Noon (7– 9am self service)
Every other Saturday: 9 am – noon (see schedule dates)
Fire and First Aid Services Description
Fire Department and First Aid Squad services for Harding Township are provided by volunteer organizations.
First Aid Squad:
Sign up for emergency alerts/updates directly from the Harding Township Police. Get road closures, event updates, traffic advisories, and much more as soon as it happens!
Contact the Harding Township Police Department by dialing 9-1-1 or (973) 455-0500 as soon as you see something you believe to be suspicious!
The mission of the Harding Township Police Department is to work in partnership with community members and organizations, protect life and property and to enhance the quality of life throughout the township. All members of the Harding Township Police Department accept the responsibility for contributing to the quality of life in our community. We believe that the character and image of our officers and department are best reflected in the quality of service provided to our residents, businesses and visitors. We will strive to facilitate open communication with the public, serve in an impartial, courteous and responsive manner, promote community involvement, enable safe movement of traffic, reduce the fear of crime and professionally interact on all calls for service.
Headquarters – 21 Blue Mill Road
New Vernon, New Jersey 07976-0246